American Idol is an American singing competition. It started in 2002. It has become one of the most successful TV shows in American history. It has also produced some world famous pop singers.
Here are five of the most successful American idol contestants.
5. Jordin Sparks – Jordin was the season 6 winner. She was only 17 years old at the time. She has had huge hits with the songs “Tattoo” and “No Air”.
4. Adam Lambert – Adam finished second in season 8. His debut album was number 1 in America and sold 77,000 copies.
3. Jennifer Hudson – Jennifer only finished 7th in season 3, but has become very successful. She is the only contestant to have won an Oscar.
2. Carrie Underwood – Carrie won season 4, and has become a world megastar. She has won two Grammy awards, and her first album Some Hearts sold 7 million copies.
1. Kelly Clarkson – Kelly won the first ever American Idol competition. She has sold more songs than any other American Idol contestant. She has released albums. She is a world megastar.